Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USS protocol library

hi flo!!!

help please!!! 

how I can change P2012 and P2013 in mm440 or you uss library??? becouse I have error 5008(incorrect byte count) if baud rate 9600 or error 5007(missing STX) if baud rate 38400

I have the same problem, I have changed the number of words for P2012 and P2013 and still have the same problem.

Gilberto Garza Gzz.
Certified LabView Developer
Asesor Electrico, S.A. de C.V.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 64
(3,117 Views)

Hi All 

thanks for the library ,... can you post it in LV 8.2 instead of 8.5 ,.. thanks jeff

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 64
(2,842 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Please look at whole post. Zenon posted 8.2 version of library.

Kind regards, 

S.P.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 64
(2,812 Views)

Hi All,

I am also trying to communicate micromaster 440 with labview.I have communicate micromaster with starter and everything is perfect with starter.But when i am trying to connect with labview then having error 5007 (stx missing).I have settled my baudrate at 9600.please help me to find out solution...........

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 64
(2,797 Views)

Hello All ,..

I am trying to communicate with a 6RA70 DC control.  Telegram seems ok and reads parameters just fine but when I request a change or modification to parameter I get a "cannot process request" response,.. any thoughts ??  

J

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 64
(2,763 Views)

Thanks much,.. just needed to look at the older posts,.. Like to run another issue by u ,..have communication set up with a 6RA70 and link seems ok,..if I request parameter value ,.. simoreg responds fine,.. gives me any value I ask for,.. when I request modify parameter value ( word ) or anything else simoreg responds with cannot process request, task cannot be executed,.. then it gives me a PWE of 2,.. any thoughts ,...

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 64
(2,734 Views)

Hi All Like to run an issue by u ,..Coding in Labview I have USS communication set up with a 6RA70 and link seems ok,.. I can change parameter 51 ( allowing changing of all other parameters ). However if I try and change any other parameter like accel or decal rates,.. simoreg drive responds with "cannot process request, task cannot be executed" PWE comes back as 5 ,.. tried changing formatting ,.. no good,.. cannot change any other parameter ,...thoughts ????

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 64
(2,719 Views)

Hi kv8vsa,

I assume you have troubles with the PKW and PZD areas in your telegram. Take a look at the following documentation from Siemens and change accordingly on your inverter so you can change Integer or float parameters in EEPROM or RAM.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/5734889 

If the previous document was not good enough, here you have a more comprenhensive explanation of the USS protocol:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/24178253

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 64
(2,712 Views)

Hi All,

Right now, i'm developing custom Linux board which use to collect data + control equipment.

most of these equipment using modbus protocol,

one of equipment is MM440 motor drive, using USS protocol, and I'm new to USS protocol.

because I'm in Linux environment I'm also not familiar with LabView etc.

so, does anyone ever develop library using C or C++ library of USS protocol?

or any other language which can be compiled on Linux environment?

FYI: using Debian embedded for ARM.

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Wawan

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 64
(2,679 Views)

wonder is you can convert USS 1.2 to LV 8.2

thx

J

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 64