From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Interpolated Position Mode on EPOS2 from maxon motor

Dear Mr../ Mrs..

I have DC-motor with Encoder (4000 inc. pr. turn) and EPOS2 motor controller from Maxon Motor. I want to use the EPOS2 Interpolated Position Mode (IPT Mode), but can't find any examples anywhere. I have read read much of the documentation for the EPOS2 and also browsed the examples (there isn't any specific for the IPT mode). Furthermore I can get the Position Profile and Velocity Profile modes works - so there is hope 😉 The labview program is executed on my PC, communicates with the EPOS2 on a CANopen network, through a USB-CAN converter from IXXAT.

I have attached my program - this is only a test program where I buffer 2-4 values manually written values and starts the trajectory. I can initialise and send values to the buffer, but when I start the IPT trajectory the axis turns into Fault state and the motor does not move. If I clear Fault state afterwards it turns over to disabled state. I gues I have to specify some more parameters? But I don't know which ones. Furthermore I might think, that I should place the functions in the move case structure in a while loop or change the mechanical action in order to execute the whole trajectory?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Søren Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,742 Views)

Hi,

Have you found any examples yet?

I think your errors are a result of your target position being initially too far away from your starting-actual position.  If there is too much of a discrepancy, then you'll get an error (common with other operating modes also).

I'm currently working on the same problem, maybe we can help each other out.

~Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,563 Views)

Were you able to find a working solution - I am about to tackle this same problem with a EPOS2 and IPT mode.  Any guidance will be very much appreciated!

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,244 Views)