Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ethercat communication with an Stoeber sc6 drive

Hi,

i have a very bad problem with the Ethercat in my project. The machine in the background is a copy of a machine that was running an kollmorgen adk drive, but due to problem of delifery time, i was forced to change the drive (now Drive controller from STOBER with safety technology (stoeber.de)). But first my system:

-crio 9030 with FPGA -> Ethercat -> Stoeber SC6A062

-Labview 2020 SP1 with CRIO 20.5

Goal is, to use it with the normal CIA 402 parameters, no softmotion modul is required. That setup was working fine in the old machine.

But i have a big problem with the setup and the intial test in the safe op mode. I always get a 0x8005445D error, an SDO request sent by the master has aborted by the slave device due to incorrect inital comands or incorrect PDO selection.

I already found out, that the stoeber configuration tool makes me an description .xml ESI File, wich meets the new standard and is modular. I already recognised, that this file is formated in ISO-8859-1. As it seems, due to the Ethercat standard, this does not work on the Unix in CRIO!!!!

After converting this file to utf8, i was able to make a setup that was working, i get the variables and datas of the drive.

But now, 1 Month later, i start the projekt an geht an Error sign in the tree by the drive (Unknown device). No, when i use the funktional ESI.xml (still in shared folder, InComEcat) i have the same Problem like in the past. I attached the description file, you have to rename it as .xml . 

What i tried: -New setup of whole crio 9030

- generate file new, convert to utf8

-delete all description files in development and target system

-make a blank project only with configuration

-try alle the steps with lv 2021sp1 / Crio 21.8

What i do an change, ich geht no change to make it work. The description file is very big, so i think something at the import is going wrong.

So, had anyone the same problems in the past? Any solutions? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,386 Views)

I made some analyses with the supplier of the drive, esi file is working with other ethercat masters. What we found out, that the ethercat PDO settings are changed by the Crio master at the jump from preOP to safeOP. Afterwards i get the configuration error:

Dreher_0-1670321734454.png

If i try the manual configuration of the system, i get these two faults:

Dreher_1-1670321787318.png

Dreher_2-1670321846708.png

So, in my opinion, there is something not working with the modular ESI file on the labview / Ni side of the system. All of my tries, to manual make the ESI.xml work, always leed to the same result. I don't get an answer of the NI support, has anybody another idea to fix the issue?

But in my case (same problem with an Faulhaber controller), the NI ethercat has Problems with third party drives.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,334 Views)