From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9514: velocity limit with SCAN Interface mode?

Hello,

In my application, I use a CompactRIO 9074 chassis, a NI 9514 module and a AKD EtherCAT to control a brushless motor (AKM 23F), and I succeded to run it . But the problem is:

With the SCAN Interface mode, the motor can not exceed a speed of 51 rpm. If I try to give it a speed of 100 rpm or higher, it will stop in a few seconds and the state of AKD drive change into inactive for Hard Ware and Soft Ware. So I'd like to know if there is a speed limit with the SACN Interface ? (Is it because of the acquisition rate limit ?)  Do I have to go to the mode of FPGA if I need a speed of 6000 rpm? Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,397 Views)

Hi philippe_69,

Thanks for posting your question in this forum.

I don't think your problem comes about Scan mode/fpga mode.

First, do you use softmotion and labVIEW real time module ?

Did you succeed to drive your motor in open loop with speed more 100 rpm ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,386 Views)

Hi Aurélien,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I use SoftMotion and LabVIEW RT. Now I find that may be the wrong is due to "the programmed position error limit", because the motor always stop at the position of 1000 rev even I change its move velocity, and I got an error 70219 "The move stopped because an axis exceeded the programmed position error limit. Verify the feedback resource connections and/or tune your motor" when the move target is longer than 1000rev. But how and where to tune the motor ? I have tried to modify the parameter of "Limits => Position Limits => Maximum Position Error" via the Kollmorgen WorkBench, but it didn't work.

Below is a photo that shows the error.   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,375 Views)

Additional information: I tried to give the servo motor a speed higher than 100rpm, it could run but always at the speed of around 51 rpm. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,372 Views)