From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio help issues with Measurement Studio

After installing Measurement Studio 8.0.1, Visual Studio 2005 help is unavailable.  Selecting any of the items in the Help menu displays Measurement Studio help only.  It appears that the installation of Measurement Studio has overwritten links to the Visual Studio help files.  Should I reinstall VS 2005 or would this mess up the Measurement Studio installation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,763 Views)
Hi Double_D,

Its inferred in your post but did you already have the MSDN Library installed with VS 2005? The ring control to filter Content, Search, Index, etc. should allow you to filter by more than Measurement Studio as long as you have the MSDN Library installed. Measurement Studio sets itself as the default in the ring control when you install it but you should still have the ability to filter by .NET Components, C++, C#, etc. as long as the MSDN Library has been installed on the computer.
Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,753 Views)
Just to clarify the terminology for the non-LabVIEW folks, when Jon says "ring control" I believe he is referring to the drop-down combo box in MSDN.
Abhishek Ghuwalewala | Measurement Studio | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,750 Views)
I suspect that MSDN was not installed as part of the Visual Studio installation.  The "Filtered by:" ring control for the Help menu selections shows only Measurement Studio and Galil items.  I don't know what this looked like before the installation of Measurement Studio.  Is it possible to install MSDN without having to reinstall Measurement Studio?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,741 Views)