From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scattergraph AutoScaleLoose Vertical Display Mode Performs Badly for Log Display

Attached Visual Studio .NET 2003 solution demonstrates problem with AutoScaleLoose mode for Measurement Studio 7.0.

Building it as-is and selecting Update, then FFT, the data is displayed over its full 30-odd orders of magnitude.

Modifying the code to select AutoScaleLoose rather than AutoScaleExact causes the FFT data to be displayed over only 6 or so orders of magnitude under the same conditions.

Is there a work-around other than AutoScaleExact?

Is this problem fixed in Measurement Studio 7.1?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,752 Views)
Hi Palley,

I ran your application and I able to replicate it at my side. The axis range is not wide enough to show the points on the lower end. Let me investigate a little more into this issue and I will post here why this is the case.

Thanks for your patience.

SijinK
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,740 Views)

I have just received and tested Measurement Studio 7.1 and it exhibits the same problem (actually I only tested my own application, not the test application attached to the original posting).

Is there a workaround other than AutoScaleExact?

When is this problem scheduled to be fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,724 Views)
Hey Palley,

Yes Measurement Studio 7.1 also shows the same behaviour with the test application you had attached earlier. I have escalated this issue over to the Measurement Studio development team and I will post a resolution as soon as I hear from them. I really appreciate your patience.

Thank you

SijinK
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,701 Views)
Hi Palley,

This behavior was corrected in our 8.0 release.  Please post (or contact National Instruments directly) if you are still experiencing this behavior.

Have a great day,

Ecleamus Ricks, Jr.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Message Edited by Ecleamus R on 01-31-2007 12:40 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,503 Views)