Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem building setup VS2010

I am using MS (2015) in VS2010.  Solution compiles fine and runs fine on my machine.  I use a setup project to build the install package.  It has worked fine previously. 

Now when the install package is run, it get halfway through the install and then shows this error: Error writing to file: policy.15.1.NationalInstruments.Common.  The install does not complete. 

The only other related thing is that I have discovered in the VS warnings that for policy.15.0, policy.15.1 and policy.17.5 there is a warning that two or more objects have the same target location.  The problem is I can't find what is causing this or how to correct it. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,764 Views)

Hi Brock_D,

Can you provide a screenshot of the error so we can see the exact error that is occurring?

I also wondering if it relates to this:

How to: Create a Publisher Policy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,720 Views)

Sherlock,

I have attached a shot of the initial error that showed there was a problem, and a shot of the six warnings that I suspect may be related to/causing it. 

I also attached a shot of the policies that you referenced as they apply to this project. These were auto-generated somewhere along the line, I didn't write them.  I didn't notice anything wrong, but I'm not that familiar with them

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,718 Views)

Hi Brock_D,

Thanks for the pictures. I wonder if you issue is similar to this

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,708 Views)

That problem has a similar tone, but mine won't let me solve it by adding the older version. 

Just to see what would happen, (and an attempt to wipe the slate) I created a new setup project and when built it generated the same warnings.

Are the warnings because of the multiple versions, or are they related to each version having a .config and a .dll ?

Also, I don't have nationalinstruments.common version 17.5 as far as I can tell. The project file system calls for 15.1 in the application folder (automatically).    

Brock

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,648 Views)

Brock,

Just to make sure there are no permission problems, are you making sure to run as admin. You could run process monitor while doing the install to see if you can get more information.

Also is this the steps you are following to create the installer? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,619 Views)

Brock_D,

I am having the same problem. Have you got any solution yet?

-MC

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,364 Views)

Hi,

I've the same PB: installer generated with MS old version was OK, but not with MS 2015.

Installer generated with MS 2015 is OK only on developement machine (with NI MS 2015 DVD Installation).

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,316 Views)

The solution is:

Use Ni Instrument Studio Installer Builder!

It will install NI components and permit to configure your application installation...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,314 Views)

Dear Brock_D,

Did you find a solution?

I have exactly the same problem in VS2015.

Using the NI Studio Installer Builder is not a good solution in some cases.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,992 Views)