Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Edit Control doesn't work with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

I have Measurement Studio Enterprise Edition version 7.0 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 version.
When I try to use numeric edit control (AxCWUIControlsLib.AxCWNumEdit) in C# it doesn't give me any errors on compilation or linking. However when I open an application window and immediately exit the application without doing anything it gives an exception error that memory is corrupted. If I comment out this control from my window there are no errors in the application. There were no errors in this project when I used Microsoft Visual Studio 2003.

Is Measurement Studio version 7.0 compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005?
Thank you.
Irina Kaliniouk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,272 Views)
Hi Irina,

I just tried using the CWNumEdit control in the release version of Visual Studio 2005 and did not receive any errors.  You may want to repair your installation of Measurement Studio as well as try the control in the release version of Visual Stusio as opposed to the beta version.  In terms of compatibility, Measurement Studio 7.x can be used with Visual Studio 2005 but will not have full integration.  You will not have the Measurement Studio Help etc. within the environment.  Yet, you will be able to use the controls just as you did in 2003.
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,261 Views)
Hi Caroline,
I understand the need for a released version of Visual Studio 2005, but what do you mean repair my installation of Measurement Studio? Is there any patch I should apply?  
Thanks a lot.
Irina
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,259 Views)
Hi Irina,

Repairing an installation of software is something you can do in Windows by going to Start >> Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs.  Here you can select National Instruments Software and click Change.  This will bring up a list of all the National Instruments software you have on the computer.  Select NI Measurement Studio and click the  Repair button.  This will run the installer again to repair any parts of the software that may not have installed correctly.  This may fix your issue.  However, I cannot guarantee that the control works with the beta version of Visual Studio.  However, it does work properly with the release version.
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,250 Views)