From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IviScope .NET Configuration Problem

It's my first foray into using IVI class drivers and I've stumbled at the first hurdle, hoping you folks can assist.

I've just grabbed an example C# program from Rohde & Schwarz (available here), set up my IVI config as the code indicates (I think) but I'm getting an exception from IviScope.Create(): 'IviSessionFactory: An instance of the specific driver referenced by the driver session name could not be created, or did not support the specified type.'

I don't actually have a scope available so I'm trying to simulate, but I'm not convinced that this issue is to do with that.

I've attached screenshots of the code and IVI set up. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,306 Views)

Hi,

did you install the IVI.NET driver?

If so, In the MAX:

DriverSessions -> General -> Simulate With change to: Don't simulate - This way the driver is always called, and the simulation takes place in the driver.

DriverSessions -> Software -> Software module set to: RohdeSchwarz.RsScope.Fx40

In you C# code, for simulation you have to use another Create overload:

scope = IviScope.Create("RTO2064", false, false, "Simulate=1");

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,269 Views)

Hi,

Making the changes you suggest, I get a different exception:

Ivi.Driver.DriverClassCreationException: 'IviSessionFactory: An instance of the specific driver referenced by the driver session name could not be created, or did not support the specified type.'
1 of 2 Inner Exceptions - TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2 of 2 Inner Exceptions - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have the following installed:

IVI Shared Components 2.6.1

IVI.NET Shared Components 1.4.1 for .NET 2.0

RsScope IVI.NET Driver 4.60.0.0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,128 Views)

Hi,

write me on Miloslav.macko@rohde-schwarz.com

Milo

Message 4 of 4
(2,120 Views)