From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error about retrieving dependency MStudioCommon.2012

I am developing applcaiton based on visual basic .net and I would like to build installation package by installation shield.

However, when I built the setup project, I am getting an error , so i can't build install package.

When I was building setup project,

For example,

ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file rscmwgg_64.dll, or one of its dependencies of component Interop.rscmwgg.dll

ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file rscmwgg_64.dll, or one of its dependencies of component Interop.rscmwgg.dll1

Adding merge module 'Visual C++ 10.0 CRT (x86)' that is a dependency of component 'NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D.dll'
Adding merge module 'Visual C++ 10.0 CRT (x86)' that is a dependency of component 'NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D.dll1'

Adding merge module 'NI Measurement Studio Visa Support.2012' that is a dependency of component 'WindowsApplication2.exe'
Adding merge module 'NI Measurement Studio Visa Support.2012' that is a dependency of component 'WindowsApplication2.exe4'

ISEXP : error : -4072: Error retrieving dependency MStudioCommon.2012.1C9B2EB5_9E34_4944_BA92_B30CCA4E9205:1033 of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\MStudioVisa.2012.msm
ISEXP : error : -4072: Error retrieving dependency MStudioCommon.2012.1C9B2EB5_9E34_4944_BA92_B30CCA4E9205:1033 of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\MStudioVisa.2012.msm
Merging NI Measurement Studio Visa Support.2012: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\MStudioVisa.2012.msm

I was assuming that compiler couldn't find file " rscmwgg_64.dll". Therefore, I install driver rscmwgg_64. However, i am still getting error.

Therefore, I tried to remove reference of "rscmwgg_64.dll"  from my project because I am not using this driver anymore.(but it still doesn't work.)

Therefore, I am assuming that problem might relate with 

I am not sure how to solve this problem MStudioVisa.2012.msm(But, not sure about it..)

does anybody know how to solve this error ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,659 Views)

Is this related to this post?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/Question-about-the-quot-the-application-version-r...

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,629 Views)

Hello Daniel.

Thanks for helping me.

My my answeris "No".  

This is different problem that I have.

I was building setup package by install shield.

When I was building the setup package, it appeared error.

such as..

Merging NI Measurement Studio Visa Support.2012: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\MStudioVisa.2012.msm

I cleaned all the references that I do not use and double check that application is working.

Application was working well with NI-GPIB cable.

Only issue is that I can not build the setup package because two error on the above.

I am not really sure the cause of these errors....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,621 Views)

After talking with some of my colleagues it seems this issue has come up before. The reason we are getting these errors is because MStudio does not officially support InstallShield. We can't say exactly what it is about InstallShield's builder that keeps it from grabbing MStudio drivers/dependencies. As an alternative, Wix should be able to accomplish this functionality.

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,612 Views)

Hello, 

I am currently having the same issue. Was there an update to the solution or if not what is "wix and how do I get it towork? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,857 Views)

Hi RgDefined,

Unfortunately, Microsoft dropped support for SetupProject in Visual Studio 2012. SetupProject was the utility used for creating Measurement Studio installers, so when Microsoft made the transition to installShield, Measurement Studio installers no longer installed everything necessary to the target computer (MStudioCommon being one of them). So for the time being, the solution is to use WiX (Windows Installation Experience) Toolset. You can download WiX from the link below. National Instruments is fully aware that this is a problem for several of our customers and plans to have this issue resolved in the next release of Measurement Studio. In the mean time, we have created a KnowledgeBase article that steps through the process of creating an installer in Visual Studio 2012 with Measurement Studio 2013 using WiX. In addition, we ship an example with Measurement Studio 2013 that you can use to get started.

Download WiX

http://wixtoolset.org/

WiX KB: Deploying Measurement Studio Applications with WiX:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/764B727C9BD2C4C686257C970053D059?OpenDocument

WiX Community Example:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36168

If you run into any problems, I would recommend consulting our forums at forums.ni.com or creating a service request at ni.com/support. Have a great day!

Kelsey W.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,837 Views)

Hello,

I am using VS2015 and InstallShield for the deployment setup. When I build the solution, an error message shows:  -4072:Error retrieving dependency Module-ld-common-2012-32:1033 of c:\program files(x86)\common files\Merge modules\MstudioDAQmx.2012.msm.

I don't have Measurement Studio,so I can't find the deployment setup example using WIX, and I am not sure if Wix will work without Measurement studio.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,328 Views)

Hi Rigaku,

Thanks for posting! This forum is pretty old so you may not have much luck getting a response. I noticed in your post you mentioned you do not have Measurement Studio, so this may be a different issue. I can say that Wix is just an installer and is not dependent on Measurement Studio, it was just recommended here because Measurement Studio did not have Installshield support. If your program uses Measurement Studio components, Wix is a good alternative but Measurement Studio 2015 has it's own installer which may suit your needs. Please see if this knowledgebase article is helpful:

Can I Create an Installer for My Measurement Studio Program Using InstallShield?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/93740EC507B657D886257FA10078681B

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,314 Views)