From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking License NationalInstruments LicenseException

Hello community,

occasionally, I run into the problem, that I have compiled something while the NI Pro license wasn't bound to my computer anymore. Afterwards, I am able to run the compiled program, thinking everything is good. But on the customer systems they will get a LicenseException after a certain time which causes all their automation-systems to stop. 

Therefore a question: It is possible to insert a piece of code into my program which actively checks that this current assembly is compiled with a valid NI license rather than having a converyor-stop surprise on customer side with an .NET exception?

Somehow the assembly internally has to check this, too I guess to throw this exception.. can this be accessed actively to check if something is wrong so I know beforehand?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(904 Views)

Dear nicsp,

I suggest you contacting NI's support. Technical support representatives team, they should be able to help with thus kind of issue.

best,

anasei.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(814 Views)