From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-9162 Task Configuration Error

Hi!

I am tring to read the resistance (in the 2 wires configuration) of a Pt100 sensor. The task is created using Measurement and Automation and apparently working fine. However the Pt100 sensor has a reccomended measurement current of 1.0 mA. While trying to change the task's configuration (internal Iex source) to 1m and trying to run/save the task I am getting DAQ-Assistent Error 200077, value not supported. As it seems, the Iex current is limited only to 500uA. Is there anyway to safely (for the 9162) run an Iex of 1mA?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,266 Views)

Hello o_ptr,

NI USB 9162 is a Single Slot USB Carrier for C Series Modules. Since the Carrier can be used for a variety of Modules it would be good to know witch C Series Module you are using?

Regards!

Moritz M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,250 Views)

True. Sorry for not being precise enough.

The Hi-Speed USB Carrier NI USB-9162 is running with the NI 9219 module (4-Ch Universal Analog Input).

Regards,

P

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,247 Views)

Hi o_ptr,

I tried to find out what settings are possible for this resistance 2-wire measurement. There are no remarks for this in the specification of the 9219. So I would say that there

is no way to change the Iex for this measurement. In this case, the module is a constant current source which only can source 0,5mA. This is always the expected and only supported value.

Kind Regards,

Salle

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,230 Views)

Too bad. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,225 Views)