Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where i should get snap vi as i want to use it in another vi

Hi

I am using pci 1411 card . I have installed ni vision . I want to control snapping operation by any key of keybourd.for that 

I require snap.vi. according to manual it should present in block called image aquisition. Ihave checked path(fuctions-ni measurments-vision) but i am not able to find it .Help me to find out it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,767 Views)
Maybe you missed to install "NI IMAQ"?
NI IMAQ is part of the  Vision Acquisition Software  which you hopefully got side-by-side with the 1411.
Installing just the Vision Development Module does not install any IMAQ drivers, so this might be the reason why you do not find the Snap.VI in LabVIEW.
Guenter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,752 Views)

i  reinstalled the ni imaq again.but stil not able to find out niimq snap vi.

it is not showing image aquisition option in fuction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,687 Views)
What is your lv version and what is your imaq version?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,681 Views)
Look at the screenshot, this is how it should appear in the functions palette.
Here is the path on your disk where you should find it once you have installed NI-IMAQ from the Vision Acquisition Software:

LabVIEW x.x\vi.lib\vision\driver\imaqhl.llb\IMAQ Snap.vi

Hope this helps.
David.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,669 Views)
for some reason the attachment does not work..
You should find the Snap.vi in
Vision and Motion -> NI-IMAQ -> IMAQ Snap.vi
If you don't see it you have not correctly installed the driver.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,668 Views)

my labview version is 7.1

and ni vision version is 7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,586 Views)

beside imq vision i have to do one more job the job is i have to take output from two optocoupler one is placed horizontal and one is vertical.the output of optocoupler is 3.2 v for high and nearly 1.2 v for low.i am using pci6014 daq card.labview version 7.1

can you tell me how i should start with this particular job.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,585 Views)

Hi Quary.

You have LabVIEW and you have the Vision Development Module but what you are missing is the driver to get your images from your camera. This driver is included in the Vision Acquisition Software. You should find it together with your framegrabber card from NI. If you don't use NI hardware you need to buy the Vision Acquisition Software.

Here is a compatibility list for the driver (IMAQ for framegrabber-connected cams, IMAQdx for IEEE1394 and GigE) 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C?OpenDocument

To answer your DAQ question I suggest that you open a new thread in the DAQ forum.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,573 Views)