From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video capture card error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
in NI-MAX I have this error message when I try to select the input of a video capture card: "Error 0xBFFF8013 Unable to find a valid camera file for this device in the NI-IMAQ \ data directory."
While on another computer the same card is working.
I tried uninstalling NI-IMAQ and reinstalling the same version as on the other computer without success.
If you have an idea about the origin of the problem?

Marc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,134 Views)

Hello MarcBASLER,

Do you have the same version of NI-IMAQ on both computers?

What camera do you use?

Have a nice day!

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarcBASLER
Thank you for your reply,
The same versions of NI-IMAQ, the same computer models, the same acquisition card.Smiley Indifferent
I'm using a camera that sends an analog video signal on an old NI PCI-1407 card.
I copied the contents of the C: \ user \ Public \ Documents \ National Instruments \ NI-IMAQ \ Data directory, more exactly the PAL.icd file, and that works.Smiley Happy
One question remains unanswered:
On the offending computer I uninstalled NI-IMAQ, cleared the NI-IMAQ directory, and then reinstalled NI-IMAQ: the Data directory contained only one img0.iid file while on the other computer the Data directory contained about 250 .icd files. If it's not the installation of NI-IMAQ that puts these files in place, then what is it?Smiley Frustrated
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,099 Views)