Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I trace the moving object using Imaq

Hello, I have attached a basic example of how to find the center of a circle.  This was modified from the particle analysis example in the example finder.  This should be a good starting point for you. You should be able to use the center point of this circle to get the remaining information that you need.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,047 Views)

Hi Burt S,

Thanks for your support.

I only have lv7.1 with vision 7.1.

I can't open your lv8.6 program.

Can you post the script picture or using 7.1 example?

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,041 Views)

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately I am unable to post my example in a format compatible with LabVIEW 7.1.  What I would recommend would be to take a look in your examples for LabVIEW 7.1.  You should see an example called 'Particle Analysis Example' which is located in the LabVIEW 7.1\examples\Vision\2. Functions folder. 

This VI example will walk you through thresholding an image, filtering out the smaller particles, and finding the center of mass of all particles remaining.  It should only require some tweaking of the thresholding, as well as in the last frame where it calculates its statistics, for you to be able to find the coordinates for the center of the circle.  You can then build off of this to create your remaining functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,026 Views)