Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I trace the moving object using Imaq

Hi all,

I'm the fresh user of viaion.

I have an 1394 camera and I use it to take a series of images.

The images is about a white circular spot.

I would like to using vision tool kit to trace the spot moving.

Sequence:

Take the 1st image be the template:  auto search and set the circulr center be origin.

Then serach the following pictures and check the differnece angle and distance between template.

Query:

1. How can I set the coordinatein the first image?

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,354 Views)

Hi Robert,

I would recommend using the Vision Assistant.  You can locate a circular edge, and then set your coordinate system from the center of that circular edge.  Both of these functions can be located in the processing functions (machine vision and image respectively).  You just need to load an image into it and perform the operations and it will set the coordinate system for you.

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,333 Views)

I would build the execute file to targaet machine.

How can i do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,331 Views)
Are you trying to build a LabVIEW VI that will run on another computer, or are you trying to perform inspections on something independent of LabVIEW?  If you are just trying to build an executable, you can create a project and use the application builder to run the VI.  If you are trying to run an automated inspection independent of LabVIEW you would need a program called Vision Builder for Automated Inspection.  Please let me know which you are trying to accomplish and I will help you implement it.
Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,324 Views)

I will download another PC which run labview and vision runtime only.

We use LV7.1 and Vision 7.1 with 1394 camera

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,320 Views)

Hi all,

Now, I use detect object ser the ROI of white circle.

How could I find the circle center and it s radius?

And set the circle center be the coordination origin.

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,288 Views)

Hi Robert,

I recommend using an Imaq centroid VI to calculate the center of your ROI.  Once you have that point, you can use an IMAQ find coordinate system VI to set up your new coordinate system.  I would also recommend upgrading to a newer version of NI Vision if it is possible.  It comes with a program called the Vision Assistant which, once you have decided what you would like to do to your image, will generate the LabVIEW code for you.

Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,259 Views)

Hi Robert Law,

If I were in your situation, I would not use a co-ordinate system or a pattern matching for this application. This application looks simple and please follow these 

1. Back ground seperation ( Since you need to locate a white spot alone apply a suitable thresholding)

2. Convert into a binary image (applying a suitable threshold will do this for you)

3. Remove small particles( Morphology function)

4. Use "particle analysis" vi (You can define the nature of the particle including its radius etc)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,244 Views)
If you can then please post images for reference.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,243 Views)

HI all,

Attached the test picture.

We use Black spot on a white cardboard to simlate my situation.

The spot size of picture is 0.5mm

Thanks.

Robert

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,187 Views)