I would like to work with a digital camera Progres SpeedXT Core 5 under labview. I have connected it and I have started NI MAX. After pushing the button Grab I have received an error 0xBFF6901B. I am sending a screenshot of my error. I have stopped the firewall and the antivirus program but I still have the same error. I talk with the engineer from the company (Jenoptik) selling this camera but he didn't resolve the problem. Could you please help me?
As you can in the picture, that's a Timeout problem.If you search for "Timeout" in Machive Vision board you find suggestions for solution.
As a simple solution, you can set the timeout period much higher. Default valus is 5000 ms.
Hello tiho, if i'm not mistaken your camera is a USB camera.
- What kind of USB-cable are you using? How long is the cable? The connection between the computer and the camera are quite important if you use USB-Camera.
- I see on your screenshot that you have installed IDS uEye. Had you problems with uEye, too?
I asked about USB-Cable, because sometimes a good USB-Cable makes the difference.
Do you have this problem just at MAX?
NI Vision with USB2-cameras use DirectShow. With MAX you can't change all the setting if you use USB2-Camera over DirectShow.
Some cameras has a setting: "Pixel clock". (for example IDS uEye cameras have it). It can help to solving the "Timeout"-Problem if you decrease this value.
You need an application like AMCap if you want to chance this setting for your camera. Or, in your case, i can see that you already installed IDS uEye. There is a sample program in IDS uEye package "uEye_DirectShow_Demo.exe". You can find this under "Program Files -> IDS -> uEye -> Samples"
- After you run this program you choose camera under "Select active video source"
- Then button "Pin Properties"
- Disable Auto exposure if it is set
- Decrease the value "Pixel clock" then OK
Try with these new setting. If MAX again gives "Timeout", you can do the changing the pixel clock again.
I found uEye_DirectShow_Demo.exe and I have started it as you explained but connecting my uEye camera. With the other camera it was not possible to start the application. A have set the pixel clock but the error is the same.
You mean that you connected your uEye camera? Did i understand correctly? Changing pixel clock of uEye camera don't help you.
"With the other camera it was not possible to start the application." That is important. I think we are one step closer to solution:
There can be two problems:
- USB Connection problem -> Which USB speed mode? It must be "Fullspeed USB" on this port. Can you check if it is low speed? Or try an anotther USB-port
- DirectShow service for this camera is not correct installed.
How to check the speed of my USB porf? I have connected the camera on a diffrent USB port but the error is the same.
With the other camera it was not possible to start the application. I have started the application only with uEhe camera.