From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xBFF6901B

Hi

I would like to work with a digital camera Progres SpeedXT Core 5 under labview. I have connected it and I have started NI MAX. After  pushing the button Grab I have received an error 0xBFF6901B. I am sending a screenshot of my error. I have stopped the firewall and the antivirus program but I still have the same error. I talk with the engineer from the company (Jenoptik) selling this camera but he didn't resolve the problem. Could you please help me?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,743 Views)

Hello tiho,

As you can in the picture, that's a Timeout problem.If you search for "Timeout" in Machive Vision board you find suggestions for solution.

As a simple solution, you can set the timeout period much higher. Default valus is 5000 ms. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,722 Views)

Hello tiho, there is also another possible solitions for this problem. Let me know if setting timeout value not helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,698 Views)

Hi

Unfortunately setting the timout didn't help. Could you please give me another solution?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,693 Views)

Hello tiho, if i'm not mistaken your camera is a USB camera.

- What kind of USB-cable are you using? How long is the cable? The connection between the computer and the camera are quite important if you use USB-Camera.

- I see on your screenshot that you have installed IDS uEye. Had you problems with uEye, too?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,685 Views)

I have no problem with ueye camera. I am using mini USB cable 2 meters long. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,663 Views)

Hello tiho,

I asked about USB-Cable, because sometimes a good USB-Cable makes the difference.

Do you have this problem just at MAX?

NI Vision with USB2-cameras use DirectShow. With MAX you can't change all the setting if you use USB2-Camera over DirectShow.

Some cameras has a setting: "Pixel clock". (for example IDS uEye cameras have it). It can help to solving the "Timeout"-Problem if you decrease this value.

You need an application like AMCap if you want to chance this setting for your camera. Or, in your case, i can see that you already installed IDS uEye. There is a sample program in IDS uEye package "uEye_DirectShow_Demo.exe". You can find this under "Program Files -> IDS -> uEye -> Samples"

- After you run this program you choose camera under "Select active video source"

- Then button "Pin Properties"

- Disable Auto exposure if it is set

- Decrease the value "Pixel clock" then OK

Try with these new setting. If MAX again gives "Timeout", you can do the changing the pixel clock again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,657 Views)

Hi

I found uEye_DirectShow_Demo.exe and I have started it as you explained but connecting my uEye camera. With the other camera it was not possible to start the application. A have set the pixel clock but the error is the same.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,641 Views)

Hello tiho,

You mean that you connected your uEye camera? Did i understand correctly? Changing pixel clock of uEye camera don't help you.

"With the other camera it was not possible to start the application." That is important. I think we are one step closer to solution:

There can be two problems:

- USB Connection problem -> Which USB speed mode? It must be "Fullspeed USB" on this port. Can you check if it is low speed? Or try an anotther USB-port

- DirectShow service for this camera is not correct installed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,637 Views)

Hi

How to check the speed of my USB porf? I have connected the camera on a diffrent USB port but the error is the same. 

With the other camera it was  not possible to start the application. I have started the application only with uEhe camera. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,631 Views)