Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I always lost frames at high frame rates grabbing?

Thanks Bruce for your suggestions.

Regarding the setting in MAX, actually in MAX i can only get 20fps, i don't know why. 

Could it be something wrong in the the camera profile (icd file) that Cooke company provided?

btw, I set my camera time @10ms, 5ms, 1ms, they all gave me 20fps...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,755 Views)

If you are getting 20 fps in MAX, that means it has nothing to do with your program.  It is a camera setting of some sort.  You might be able to change it in MAX, or it may require editing of the ICD file.

Without knowing anything about your camera, I can't help much more.  What camera are you using?  What frame rate do you expect to get?  Perhaps post the ICD file that you are using.

Was the camera working at the speeds you expect before and stopped working?  Or is this a new camera that you haven't tried before?

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,752 Views)

Hi, Bruce,

I didn't see any place i can change the frame rates or so.

My camera is Cooke's PCO 1200hs CMOS camera. it supposed to run at 500fps at full view mode

more details is in this link

http://www.cookecorp.com/high-speed-cameras/pco1200-hs/

and I also attach its spec. here.

the ICD file  is also attached.

btw,i cound't find a way to attach the icd file, can I send you by email?

This is the new camera, I havne't known someone else use it to work at the similar mode.

Thank you so much for your helps.

Best

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,748 Views)

btw, I couldnt find a way to attach the ICD file.

can I send you by email?

thanks,

jack

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,747 Views)

Try zipping the ICD file and posting it.

The camera should definitely be able to acquire faster.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,743 Views)

here is the ICD file.

thank you so much Bruce.

jack

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,738 Views)

Dear All,

Having only a single Camera Link connector, the direct video output from the camera is limited to Base Camera Link configuration.  A careful look at the camera's data sheet reveals that the camera can only capture images to its on board memory at full frame rate, see page 2 of 6.  The camera has 1 to 4 GB of onboard memory.  Chapter 3 of the camera manual goes through the details.  In FIFO mode, the images are transferred directly to the PC as they are acquired.  In Record Mode, the image are acquired to the onboard memory at high speed, then they are played back at a slower speed and transferred to the host PC via the Camera Link connection.

-Robert Eastlund

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,737 Views)

Dear Robert,

You're correct. 

My camera was running at FIFO mode.

do you think it is possible to transfer the data of 2000fps @300x10 pixels ROI, 16bit/10bit?

btw, are you also using this camera? right now it is really hard to find a person to use this camera the way I do. I really want some one to dissucss with.

Best regards

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,735 Views)

I have not used this particular camera before.  I just sell machine vision products for a living.  Section 4.3 of the camera's manual would seem to indicate that in FIFO mode the camera can ouput images to the limit of Base Camera Link, obtaining its highest frame rate with the camera's clock set to 85 MHz.  If this is the case, then you should be able to achieve a significant frame rate.  Using their camera control utility, I would set the camera to its lowest exposure value, highest clock rate and a small ROI, then see what happens.

-Robert

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,732 Views)

Thank Robert.

btw, right now i'm considering buying another high speed camera. do you know any other good options of high speed camera which can get to about 2000 fps @ ROI 300*10 with either camera Link or GigE?

thanks

jack

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,705 Views)