Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant Threshold Colour

Solved!
Go to solution

I've just updated Vision from 2014 to 2016 to discover that in Vision Assistant the threshold colour has changed from red to blue. Is there a way this can be customised back to red which I much prefer for this function? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,416 Views)
Do you mean the preview color? If so you can click on the color box and change to desired color.
-If anything else please provide screenshot of what you are explaining so that we can understand better.

p.s. I checked in Vision Assistant 2015.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,400 Views)
what is your means about
threshold colour has change?!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimonAldred

It's OK. It's just the preview colour that's blue. When you click OK to accept the threshold value it turns the threshold colour red. 

I've been using vision for may years and it struck me as odd that they have just switched the threshold preview colour to blue. I was so used to it being red.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,378 Views)

That's odd. I don't think it's ever been blue. The color you're referring to is not the preview color, but the palette that is applied to the binary image. After you insert the threshold step, it uses a binary palette, which displays pixels of value 1 in red.

You can change the color palette by clicking the edit color palette button next to the palette preview in the toolbar, and assign blue to grayscale value 1. The color blue is the binary palette is assigned to pixels of grayscale value 3. That's why I am surprised that you say it's been blue in the past. The binary image returned by the threshold step is made of pixels  values of 0 and 1s. It's always been displayed with a binary palette which uses red for 1.

Hope this helps.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,369 Views)

Hi Christophe,

No the preview colour is blue and the final default colour is red (binary image). I'm sure that previously both were red by default.

Regards

Simon 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,366 Views)
Could you post screenshot of showing the colors along with the operation you are using?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,362 Views)

Sure, here it is a snapshot of a thresholded image before and after.

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,359 Views)