Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition Software installed, BUT why is the IMAQdx missing from the function palette?

I just installed to the labview 2011, and many other modules and softwares including this VASAugust2010. But the IMAQdx is missing from the function palette (vision and motion). However the NI-IMAQ 4.5, IN-IMAQ IO 2.4.0 and NI-IMAQdx 3.7 are all clearly listed as installed in the NI software (contorl panel -> program - NI). In MAX, my usb webcam is also listed as NI-IMAQdx Devices and works well under MAX. But my own program is broken because the LV can't find those functions. So why the IMAQdx funtion is missing and how to fix it?  

Thanks,

Lei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,870 Views)

Check MAX, in the Software Dropdown, look and see if NI-IMAQdx installed. LabVIEW has TWO vision acquision modules.  IMAQ is only one of them.  You can install the IMAQdx, it's probably buried in one of the install dropdowns..  Why it does not install automattically is a mystery..  Don't ask how long I banged my head to learn this.  Hope this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(11,865 Views)

Thank you for your suggestions. After many trials, I finally decided to reinstall everything and this time used the "NI Device Drivers" package instead of just installing the "Vision Acquisition Software". Problem solved and the NI-IMAQdx is actually a higher version 3.8.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(11,859 Views)

i have a similar problem using labview 2012. I needed to downgrade IMAQdx from 4.0.0 to 3.9.1, because of camera problems.

Now I can connect to my camera in MAX 5.3.1 but the IMAQdx palette is missing. I checked MAX and  IMAQdx is installed. I used the VAS 2011 installer and only selected the IMAQdx 3.9.1 to install.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(11,491 Views)

Did you install "Development support for IMAQdx?"  If you select only the driver level components, MAX will be able to interact with the camera, but LabVIEW won't have what it needs to populate those palettes with the IMAQdx functions.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(11,481 Views)

how do i install that and where can I chech if it is installed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(11,469 Views)

so I tried to install imaqdx 4.0.0 the imaqdx palette appears again in labview. The installer also has an option for installing support for labview 2012. When I install imaqdx 3.9.1 there is no option for labview 2012 support. This makes sense as labview 2012 was released after  imaqdx 3.9.1. 

Is that the problem and if so how do solve it? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(11,466 Views)

hi tommy

check this may helps you http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A451D3CCBB740716862578FC004DB392

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(11,455 Views)
I checked the NI activation program and the vision development module is activated. I don't see NI-Imaqdx specifically. Should I? I do see Imaqdx in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(11,436 Views)

Just bumpin the thread. 

Has anyone gotten IMAQdx 3.9.1 working with labview 2012? The functions are not appearing in the functions palette.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(11,420 Views)