cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2018 - DotNet API - Get Variables

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I use VBAI API in c#. Is there any possibility to get value of variables?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JIGISTA

Yes. You need to call "EnableInspectionMeasurements" so the engine will know to keep track of results, and then after you run an iteration, you can call "GetInspectionMeasurements" to get the results.

If you want to get specific results, you will need to pass in an array of GUIDs. To get the GUID for the specific variable you want, call engine.GetStepGUIDFromName("Variable", "<Variable Name>", out myGUID); and this will populate the myGUID string so you can pass it to the GetInspectionMeasurements.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 2 of 6
(2,330 Views)

Thanks. It works.

string variableGuid;
                engine.GetStepGUIDFromName("Variable", "Test", out variableGuid);
                var t = engine.GetInspectionMeasurements(new string[] { variableGuid }, out timeStamp);

var strValue = ((StepMeasurements)t[0].measurements.GetValue(0)).measurement.strData;

I have next question. Is it possible to set value of variable via code? From c# to VBAI ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,326 Views)

Yes, use the SetVariables method.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,321 Views)

Do you mean this method? Because it doesn't work.

public void SetVariables(VariableUpdateMode updateMode, VariableValue[] variableArray); //VBAIEngine

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,310 Views)

Make sure you set all three parts of the VariableValue for each item in the array (i.e. name, type and the corresponding value)

For example: 

VariableValue[] arrayValues = new VariableValue[1];
arrayValues[0].name="Test";
arrayValues[0].type= VariableDataType.NumericVariableType;
arrayValues[0].numValue=3.33;

engine.SetVariables(VariableUpdateMode.UpdateImmediately, arrayValues);

This will set a numeric variable named "Test" to 3.33 the next time the inspection is run. Make sure the variable name exactly matches what you have in VBAI.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,306 Views)