Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2011, possible to migrate directly to LabVIEW 8.6 code?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Just wondering if VBAI 2011 can migrate inspections directly to LabVIEW 8.6 code.  I have installed on my computer:

VBAI 2011

LabVIEW 8.6

LabVIEW 2010

LabVIEW 2011

NI Vision Development Module 2011

I don't see the option for LabVIEW 8.6 on my menu.  Any suggestions?

John Wu

Riobotics Consulting

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,181 Views)

Create the code in one of the LV versions listed, then use Save for Previous Version to get back to 8.6.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,173 Views)

Another option that might work better is to use the API, which supports LV 8.5 and higher. With the API, you can open inspections locally or on a remote target, run the inspections, and get result images, and results. This helps seperate your LV code from the VBAI inspection so you can easily update your inspection without needing to regenerate LV code and reintegrate it into your LV application.

Just something to think about.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RIObotics

I encourage you to look at the Vision Builder AI LabVIEW API, which is supported in LabVIEW 8.6.

This feature allow you to control Vision Builder AI from LabVIEW (open inspection, run once, get results etc.)

Unless your application requires really tight hardware integration, with hardware that you can only do in LabVIEW code, the code you're going to write with the API will be much cleaner than working with the code generated, which is somehow complex.

Look at the examples located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2011\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,167 Views)

I have tried to open the suggested

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2011\API Examples\LabVIEW Examples but i am missing files:

1st file i am missing is "IVB Interface - VBAI Version.ctl"

I do not have the API.lib folder in my  Vision Builder installation folder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,060 Views)

It sounds like the installation of the API is not right. Try editing what is installed from the VBAI installer and make sure the LabVIEW API is selected. If it is, you can try repairing your installation. 

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,057 Views)