Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using conversion to array to add 16 bit grayscale images

Dear all,

Usual disclaimers, first post, tried to search using a variety of terms, no luck, so posting a new question!

I am trying to perform a running a verage of a 16 bit grayscale image. I do not have access to the Vision development module.  My 'workaround' is to grab the image, convert to array and then, using a shift register, to add this array to that acquired at the previous loop iteration. The problem I am having is that the shift register, despite being fed data in a 16 bit unsigned word formatt, returns 8 bit data. The add function is then trying to add 16 bit to 8 bit data and returns an empty array.

Can anyone help? Surely it must be possible to use shift registers with arrays of 16 bit data?

Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,719 Views)

Turns out replacing the shift registers with a feedback node solves the problem. Any explanation as to why this (beyond 'shift registers are not compatible with 16 bit arrays') would be great...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,708 Views)

Shift registers work with all datatypes. Can you show us your code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,701 Views)

I would guess that the shift register was initialized with 8 bit data.  Once it is initialized, it keeps that kind of data.  The only way to know for sure is to show us your original code.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,689 Views)