From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Labview to control a digital camera

That helped a lot. I think I have it now. Thank you so much for all of your help!
Melody
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(1,958 Views)
Hello,
I am also trying to save multiple images to a directory. I was trying ot follow muks advice but I don't understand how to convert the while lop iteration and convert it into string. Is there something I am missing? I created a while loop and I don't know where to apply the changes. Also when I used the string to path function, I could not connect the path to a desired path. Shouldn't it be path to string?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(1,948 Views)
how many bits are ur image? 8,24,32?
Message 13 of 31
(1,937 Views)
hope this helps
Message 14 of 31
(1,936 Views)
It works !!!!!
Thanks a lot. muks.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(1,919 Views)
Hello,
I am using a USB camera to take multiple images and it works fine. I am trying to make a modification on the image size by using the IMAQ set image button to conrol the X and Y resolution. The problem that I am having is whenever I put a button at different parts of the loop, it either flashes or the image gets blurry. I have attached the VI.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(1,914 Views)
Hi mike,
              In the true case you are neither using a snap nor an acquire and in addition u r displaying the buffer image from imaq read.Use a acquire or snap in the true case as well.Define an individual buffer with distinct name there also.

Hope it helps

Dont Forget to Rate a good answer

Message 17 of 31
(1,899 Views)
Hi muks,
Thanks for the help. The program is working fine. I am tryin gto modify it some more. What I want to do now is to convert the image to an array, so that when I click on the screen I can see a value of the surrounding pixels. The emaple programs that I found deal with only saved images. Is it possible todo that with a live feed? I have tried to use the Image to Array example in the Lab view and also another example which I have implemented in the attached VI. Is there a link that I am missing?
Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(1,875 Views)
Hey mike,
                I am again stressing a point.Buffer allocation in labVIEW is very important and that too when you are starting with a gray scale image and ending with a binary image allocating proper buffer is very very important.Allocate a buffer to hreshold function as well.Else it will use the only buffer that you have allocated initially.To confirm my ststement right click go to palate view in bianry.I hope u got it

Dont forget to rate a good answer.It will help us improve our answers

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(1,867 Views)
Hi muks,
I get the idea about having the buffer. My issue is how do I create a buffer? I tried to use the Imaq create and the Imaq acquire functions to create separate buffers but I am not seeing any changes. Can you please show me an example VI on how to create a separate buffer? If you can use the VI I posted in the previous message, that will really help.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(1,846 Views)