Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB camera image acquisition in Labview

I am doing an experiment which needs to snap an image every 15 minutes from labview using logitech USB camera. I am new to Labview, so I can' get this done easily.

I have Labview 9 and I installed Vision Builder AI 2010 !! And I installed IMAQdx file.

The camera cann't be detected in MAX, although it is connected to the computer and working !! So it cann't be detected with the VBAI and the labview.

Please tell me Do I need more softwares or files to be installed? , Why the camera is not detected in MAX ( there is no IMAQdx devices showing at all in devices and interfaces)? 

What are the steps to do this image acquisition?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,371 Views)

You need to make sure you have installed Vision Acquisition 2009 or later installed as well.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I have downloaded NI vision acquisition 2009 software, I started the setup, then it requested a key license at the end of the setup. Does it need a separate license purchase??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,340 Views)

Yes. The IMAQdx driver is not free when not used with a National Instruments image acquisition device.

However, a license is included with Vision Development Module, if you are using it to process the images with it.

If you own a copy of VDM, you should be able to use that serial number to activate the IMAQdx driver.

Best regards,

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,331 Views)

I have a National instrument acquisition device, If I connect the camera into this device I will not need a license? but if I connect it to the computer I need a license? right ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,272 Views)