cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select VBAI camera from LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Clemens,

I attach my .vi. VBAI will run for each side(camera position); TOP,LEFT,RIGHT once button is pressed. Is this method that you and the others recommend ?

@ChristopheC wrote:
Another solution is to have one inspection per camera

@Kemens wrote:

You just need to have multiple acquisition steps; one acquisition step for each camera.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
dane

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(952 Views)

If you open a different session to each inspection, it will be much more efficient. I attached an example of this. This assumes that none of the inspections use shared resources that can't be accessed at the same time (i.e. they use different cameras), otherwise the first inspection opened will get exclusive access to the resource and the other inspections will fail to load.

If this is a problem, you can also have all three camera acquisitions/processing within a single inspection and use the Set Variable VI in LV to determine which transition to use. I attached a sample image of the state diagram to illustrate this approach.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Download All
Message 12 of 16
(942 Views)

> I plan to use 3 USB cameras and along with motion to inspect 3 different sides of finish goods

Are the 3 inspection sequential? Your sentence seem to mean that you acquire from one camera, move, acquire from the second, move, then acquire from the 3 camera.

Is that the case? How does the motion come into play?

Also, do you plan on driving the motion from VBAI, or from LabVIEW?

These details might help us recommend the best design.

Christophe

Message 13 of 16
(932 Views)

Thanks a lot Brad, I will look into your suggestions.

@ChristopheC wrote:

Are the 3 inspection sequential? Your sentence seem to mean that you acquire from one camera, move, acquire from the second, move, then acquire from the 3 camera.

Exactly, Christophe

@ChristopheC

Is that the case? How does the motion come into play?

Also, do you plan on driving the motion from VBAI, or from LabVIEW? 

I want to use Arduino+Ramps 1.4 (low-cost), since the microcontroller usually use as 3D printer motion controller.

So, I plan to load Coordinate/position from LabVIEW to the microcontroller to move the camera to specific point.

1. Once on first point, signal triggers LabVIEW to call VBAI to do acquisition on that point.

2. Next, move to the next point, and the next camera will do acquisition.

In the end, if all Three Camera Inspection PASS it means the product is pass the inspection.

If One/two camera Inspection FAIL means the product will need to rework.

Is this concept/idea can be done? or is it too ambitious? I learn to use LabVIEW mostly from this forum.

Thanks in advance!

dane

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(921 Views)

Hi again,

I decided to try the second option you suggested.

@Brad@Brad wrote:

you can also have all three camera acquisitions/processing within a single inspection and use the Set Variable VI in LV to determine which transition to use. I attached a sample image of the state diagram to illustrate this approach.

Hope this helps,

Brad

But, im having a hard time to find this palette 1.PNG.

Also in VBAI, the first state check variable state, transition state check, can you provide an example for this. 2.PNG

Thanks, again !

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(863 Views)

Here's a sample of how to use Set Variable from LV to change the inspection in VBAI.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 16 of 16
(856 Views)