From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Specs for NI PCIe-1427 card

Solved!
Go to solution
I am currently working on a project that will use a NI PCIe-1427 card. The Engineer has a spec for a dual 6 core processor system. I think this is overkill. I think a single 6 core processor will have sufficient speed for the system. I don't have any experience with this card. Can anyone weigh in with recommendations?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,937 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PC Guy

The image acquisition will not take a lot of processor power.  Probably a small fraction of one core.  The rest of the processors will be used for image processing and other functions.  The number of cores required all depends on what is going to be done with the images and how fast it needs to be done.

I suspect the engineer that selected the computer plans on doing a lot of processing.  However, 12 cores total does sound like it could be overkill.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,932 Views)
Thanks for the input. The engineer clarified that he was going to be doing a lot of parallel processing. Thus the need for processing power.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,928 Views)