From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple IMAQ version on single computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a number of cameras that I work with - mostly CameraLink, but one LVDS. I'd like to be able to develop and test these from one machine, but there is a bug in more recent versions of IMAQ that cause the camera data to be delayed and/or shifted (I found this out through e-mail correspondance with one of NI's support people). For the CameraLink, I'd like to use the most recent version of IMAQ. What would be the best way to have both version accessible on one computer? Can I install them to different user accounts, so they are only accessible to a single user? Would the only way to do this be to dual-boot?

Thanks,

Gard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,081 Views)

Try to install them on different user accounts in single boot system.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,073 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author middletongard

Hi middletongard,

Newer versions of our drivers will automatically erase older ones when updating, so in order to be able to have two versions of the drivers on the computer, you will essentially need to have two separate hard drives.  This is done by setting up the computer in dual boot mode, so follow through with the dual boot mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,058 Views)

I solemnly accept this solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,046 Views)