From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Image_struct declaration a secret?

Hello,

I wanted to describe the image data structure used in CVI / NI vision in my internship presentation. Yet I found out almost every other simple data structure described in nivision.h file, and nothing about Image_struct... May anyone please tell me if I am simply not looking at the right place or if I won't be able to get this piece of information?

Thanks a lot,

(Pour les francophones

Bonjour,

Je désirerais décrire la structure de données des images utilisées dans CVI / NI vision pour la présentation de mon stage. Cependant, bien qu'ayant trouvé les déclarations des structures simples utilisées dans le fichier nivision.h, rien du tout sur la structure Image_struct... Quelqu'un pourrait-il me dire s'il vous plaît si je ne cherche tout simplement pas au bon endroit ou si je ne pourrai pas obtenir cette information?
Merci,)

Julien Sellos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,523 Views)

Hi, julien,

No, I think here no "secret". Otherwise this not documented and not supported oficially, and it means, you can get troubles with "low-level" usage of this structure.
Technically, this structure contains two elemenths - string (name of the image) and pointer to ImageInfo structure. This was discussed a little bit here.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,511 Views)

Hi,Andrey

Can you give me the Image_struct in C?

I need this in a harry.  Thanks a lot.

Sony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,986 Views)

The memory layout of  Image_struct is proprietary to National Instruments. National Instruments does not expose the memory layout to external users so that we can maintain flexibility to improve the structure and develop new features without the risk of breaking backwards compatibility for external customer applications.

Why do you need to know the memory layout? We strive to grant access to all properties of the image through public functions. What are you trying to accomplish?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,977 Views)

@963548712 wrote:

Hi,Andrey

Can you give me the Image_struct in C?

I need this in a harry.  Thanks a lot.

Sony

The struct ImageInfo_struct is declared in NIVision.h file (located in %Program Files%\National Instruments\Vision\Include folder).

From one hand Ben is correct - using it by "Low Level" access can give you compatibility problems in a future. From another hand - access struct members in C directly is more easy than IMAQ Vision calls.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,962 Views)