Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ - SGL to RGB? JPG save AVI file saving problem...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, all..

Currently I am working on a project about the infrared image processing..

I am trying to build the function of Image picture saving and avi video recording...

What I have to do is to save the image with user selected color palette as JPG and AVI file....

The problem is, my image data type is gray scale (SGL), and the "IMAQ AVI write Frame.vi / write file(JPG)" only support the image type of U8 and RGB U32...

I am trying to cast the type, but since we don't have the labview vision License..  so I don't have the "Imaq Cast Image.vi" to process the proper casting...

Is there any way could solve my problem?

Thanks with any help....Smiley Sad

Eric Lu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,034 Views)

Hello

Here is what I propose. Either Full Dynamic conversion, or a Given Range conversion, but you can also think to 90%dynamic cast or given range in%.

Hope this helps

Regards

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,027 Views)

HI, toto26~!

Thanks for your reply!

Your solution is really useful to convert the image type to Gray Scale U8 perfectly!

Just the "Image save JPG" function doesn't support the Color Palette,

So I just save it as bmp and get the info then save it as JPG again...

It's kind of done for the JPG saving problem by the way. Thank you!

But for the AVI video, I could only get the gray scale image video (AVI) only..

Because I can't see any function about applying the color palette for the AVI video saving..

Is there possible way to convert the gray scale image(SGL or U8) with the color palette to RGB U32 as color image for  AVI video saving by our own self?

Or is there a rule to do so, maybe I could do it by my own as long as I could find the way...?!

Again! Many thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StussyHooot

Hello StussyHooot.

I'm glad I could help you.

Here is a vi that allows to convert an 8bit image into a RGB image based on a color palette.

Regards

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
Message 4 of 5
(3,992 Views)

Really thanks for your reply, the vi is really helpful for me.

Since I don't have the vision license, so I just replace the "IMAQ ColorValueToInteger" to "RGB to color" ..

And what I need for now is just the RGB, so that's good enough for me.Smiley Very Happy

Again, thanks for your help!Heart

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,976 Views)