Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude IP addresses from NIMax discovery

Solved!
Go to solution

NIMax is finding a bunch of security cameras on our customer's network. See the attached list. They are all at the same IP address. Is there any way to exclude a specific IP address from the NIMax discovery process? With the number of cameras on the network, it can take up to two minutes before NIMax finds my second camera. Plus I am not sure that these security cameras like being found by a stranger, and am expecting a call from our customer's security department any day.

So, is there a way to exclude an IP address from NIMax discovery?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,204 Views)

Andrew_Scott_SPCi.ca wrote: 

So, is there a way to exclude an IP address from NIMax discovery?

Andrew

Not as far as I know... At least not in MAX, maybe you can adjust you networks settings in Windows to restrict that, I'm not an IT guy so I'm not sure at all.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,199 Views)

Hi Andrew,

There is no way to exclude a particular address but you could disable IP camera support via the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\niimaqdxk\Parameters - Add DWORD entry "EnableIPCameras" and set to "0"

You could also copy/paste the following into a .reg file and import it into your registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\niimaqdxk\Parameters]
"EnableIPCameras"="0"

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,179 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have two cameras of my own I have to find. I have a feeling my best solution will be to avoid using NIMax at all.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,176 Views)
Are the cameras you do want to find GigE Vision or IP cameras? If they are GigE Vision then this will not affect that. Eric
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew_Scott_SPCi.ca

Thank you! Finally had a chance to test the RegEdit change and it worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,153 Views)