From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a valid template image for multi geometric patterns matching?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I'm trying to implement multiple Geometric Patterns matching. And I modified the example "Match Multiple Geometric Patterns" but keep getting error 1074395628.

What I did are:

1. Adding video flow to the example to make it match features in the video.

2. There are three preset image templates in the example, I tried to replace it with an image template created by myself but keep getting the error. I attached the image template I use.

How I created the image template:

I used several methods to create it but none of them work in the example:

1. I used the Template Editor to create a .png file;

2. I used another example called "Pattern Matching" to extract a template.

It seems that the error always appears after the "IMAQ Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns.vi". Does anyone have some idea about what I should do? I got stuck in this for a long time. Thanks!!! I also attach the modified example below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,380 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ZY-TreeHouse

Hi ZY-TreeHouse,

This error sometimes comes up when an invalid template file is used. It could be either a file format issue or the image size being too large. The forum post linked below goes through a few more troubleshooting steps you can try:

Error -1074395628 IMAQ Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Error-1074395628-IMAQ-Learn-Multiple-Geometric-Patterns/td-p...

Melanie P.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,343 Views)

Thank you very much Melanie!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,329 Views)