Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating differential TTL for ISG Firewire Line Scan Camera

I have a ISG 1394 firewire line scan camera that I want to use in line scan mode.  I understand that I need to use a differential TTL pulse, to convert the traditional 5V TTL pulse to differential TTL I am to use the circut listed in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6033

I have a TI sn65hvd3082e IC with the logic diagram attached.  My understanding is I send the 5V ttl into pin D, then the differential TTL comes out on pins A and B.  This doesn't seem to work.  How can I wire this up and what would a differential TTL look like on an oscilloscope.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,754 Views)

Hi aricks,

How do you know that "This doesn't seem to work"?  How are you currently measuring the signal.

All a differential TTL signal means is that if the difference between pins A and B is 5 V, it registers as a high, and if it's around 0 V, it registers as a low.

You should be able to measure this with an oscilloscope by simply setting the oscilloscope up for a differential measurements and measuring across pins A and B.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,746 Views)

Apologies for my ignorance, what you described is what I was doing.  Do I need to power the IC?  The diagram from the NI website just shows a ttl and inverting and non-inverting buffers, which I tried and couldn't get 5V accross a and b with a 5v ttl in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,744 Views)

Yes, you must power the IC.  You need to also add a bypass capacitor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,736 Views)