From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentary defects control

Solved!
Go to solution

I am an engineering student and I have an internship dealing with documentary defects control. I would like to know what kind of hardware I am going to use for image acquisition for a rapid rate (1s).I wonder if I can use machine vision cameras to scan documents.Great regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hassen_tn
Your post doesnt give much details. To begin with now 1s is not rapid anymore 10 ms is. 1 second for image acquisition is huge and there are lot of cameras that can acquire at this rate. And you can use machine vision cameras to acquire the doucument image. You have tell us the mechanical constraint if any and the cost involved.We might suggest you something.
Message 2 of 16
(4,095 Views)

I would like to think you for showing interest for the subject.

I will show more details, but first 1s is rapid when we look to ordinary scanner.Isn't?

The purpuse of the internship is to estalish  a system to control documents to eliminate commun defects as values outside the tolerance or buffer lacking...

The first step is a real time documents scan. The is a wide variety of scan products among oter we find machine vision camera. Is it the best solution when we need rapidity(!!1s), cheap, PC interface(DLL needed),...  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,089 Views)

First unmark my previous post as "the solution". Since it is a very generic topic there is a nice possibility that you might get a different view points from others as well. Marking a thread a solution will get lesser hit comparitively....

commun defects as values outside the tolerance or buffer lacking..

I am not getting this. Can you try and put it in some different words?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,087 Views)

I am so sorry I can't unmark it. Perhaps you can help me to do that.

documents are filled by workers and several faults may affect them such as the values written are outside the tolerance

value outside the tolerance interval.JPG

or the lack of informing a stamp or signature 

lack of buffering.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,074 Views)
You can definetly scan them with a camera. For short listing the camera you can use the camera advisor
Message 6 of 16
(4,073 Views)

if I choose a cheaper camera such as NI 1742 Smart Camera how can I save images into database ? I wonder if it needs grabers or any interface  card to applicate LabVIEW functionalities? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,068 Views)
Ok let me get this first. Are you going to do some processing? By processing i mean are you going to output any result such as pass/fail defective/ok etc or is it just going to be a monitoring task?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,066 Views)

It is a monotoring task, but in the end of operation of image processing the document will be saved in data base if it is ok else a defect is signaled.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,064 Views)
Will the image processing and the subsequent result be done manually?should that be automated then then that time should also be considered. Why use a smart cameras? Is there any measurement involved? Will a webcam sort the issue?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,060 Views)