From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot initialize OLE error message. Using a dalsa line camera with a Matrix Vision Framegrabber mvTitanCL

Dear Community members,

concerning NI Vision I am somewhat of a noob. I hope you can help me with my problem. Currently I am working on a piston-rod-testing-equipment using a Dalsa line camera. The Framegrabber we use is from Matrix Vision (mvTitanCL). I installed the drivers and the Labview package. The framegrabber is listed in the measurement and automation software. Whenever I try to open it though, the error message "Cannot initialize OLE" appears. I've sat hours trying to find out, what the problem could be. Tried it on numerous computers, both 32- and 64-bit (with the respective drivers of course) still the same error. When I use the image aqcuiring software from Matrix Vision I can aqcuire images. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know the solution to the "OLE"-Problem?

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,028 Views)

Hi Wally-de,

since NI doesn´t support frame grabber from 3 rd party vendors, I would suggest you to try to get it directly form Matrix Vision. 

Maybe you find there someone that I have already done this experience.

Best regards

Andrea P.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,021 Views)

Thank you for the response. I will try to get in touch with matrix vision.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,010 Views)