Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Attributes keep resetting

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Blackfly S USB3 Camera.  When I plug it in MAX defaults to Mono8.  I change to Mono16 and save but when I open it the next day it's back to Mono8.  I decided to set up my camera attributes in the program with property nodes.  The all work fine except for PixelFormat.  I can read that property but I can't write it.  How can I set this camera to Mono16 and have it remain through power cycles or...how can I programmatically set the PixelFormat? 

This is where I set the attributes.  All work fine except that last one. 

snip.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,224 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Signal_G

The pixel format property can not be set after you start grabbing as it is part of the image stream settings.

You should be able to set it programmatically only if you do it before the IMAQdx Start or in your case the "Grab Setup" vi.

Regarding the fact that pixel format seems not to be saved by MAX, I would suggest first you check if you find key for it in the associated icd file (located in the <Public Documents>\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\data folder. The problem might come from the fact that this parameter is not defined as "streamable" for your camera. You should check this : https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/save-camera-attributes/m-p/3937693#M52179

Sami Fathallah

Opto France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,162 Views)

Thanks SamiF.  It isn't always the simple things but I sure like when it is!!! 👍

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,152 Views)