From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binary Threshold Question

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a simple VI based on the binary threshold example supplied with Vision.  It contains a subVI in which the binary threshold is set interactively, and returns and applies binary threshold parameters to an image in the main window.   I have supplied (attached) the LLB with default image information.  

Using LabVIEW and Vision 2010 64-bit but should be reproducible in 32-bit.

I have two questions which I urgently need help with.

1) In the subVI 'Binary_threshold_unwrapperU8.vi', I am unable to change the 'replace color' using a color box.  Does anyone have a good way to change the threshold color?

2) The red threshold color used in the subVI is not carried to the Main window image.  In that image, the threshold color is white.  Why?

SUBVI window

binary-threshold-subVI-1.PNG

MAIN WINDOW

binary-threshold-subVI-2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,782 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DonRoth

Hi, Don,

It happened, because replaced value is not a color. All what you need is to replace according palette entry. Something like that:

Thr.png

Message 2 of 3
(2,777 Views)

Hi Andrey - You continue to be an excellent resource for this board.  Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,771 Views)