Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used a Dalsa 5GigE camera with LabVIEW?

Dalsa assure me their new 5GigE cameras will work with cards like the PCIe-8239 but I won't get the highest possible speeds. (In which case, why buy the camera?) Does anyone have experience of using these faster cameras?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,171 Views)

Hi,

Did you have any solution to your problem?

I would like to acquire images from a 5GigE JAI camera with IMAQdx but under NI IMAX I have a noisy image while it works fine with the "JAI Control Tool". For information, I don't use NI frame grabbers. Any INTEL PRO 1000 Ethernet board (hard to find now) and other Ethernet board even without INTEL chipset will work using more or less CPU... In this particular case, I tried several non-INTEL board and I can acquire at full speed with "JAI Control Tool" (without a noisy image) and also under NI MAX (but with a noisy image)...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(895 Views)

I appreciate the reply. No, I haven't pursued 5GigE yet, and your comment on noisy images concerns me.

When I get time (or can find someone to do the work for me 😉 ) I'll investigate further.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(886 Views)

Hello,

For your information, updating the firmware of the board used in the computer and using jumbo packets with 9014bytes solved the issue...

But now i'm facing another issue : opening the camera takes around 25 seconds and loading a configuration file also takes 25 seconds, so if I open sequentially several cameras, my software can spend more than 4 minutes to open... 😥

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(574 Views)

You're using the NI Vision Acquisition software?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(558 Views)

Yes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(554 Views)