cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT Guppy extended shutter configuration

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello all,

I am attempting to configure an AVT Guppy F146C camera for extended shutter use using their Smartview 1.7 utility.  These settings are configured thru their dialog and exported to an .xml file.

Fast forward to MAX - I can locate the camera but it always references an .icd file to load the settings from.  And, there's nothing in the .icd file which would allow me to select the extended shutter I'm looking for.

Is this a matter of LabVIEW simply not supporting all the available properties of the camera?  Can I load this external reference?

(The camera manual tells me which register to modify, but I guess it won't matter if LabVIEW can't support it?)

Thanks for any assistance,

VisionGumby

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,083 Views)
Hi VisionGumby

MAX does not support direct setting of the advanced camera parameters. However, you can definitely set up the parameters manually from LV by writing to the specified camera registers. In LV, at first you open the camera reference, then you write to the registers to set up the advanced parameters. At last you start the acquisition.

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,079 Views)
Delayed "thank you".  This is what I needed. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,021 Views)
Hi VisionGumby,

Can you share how you did this with us? I am also trying to run an AVT Guppy in extended shutter mode. I am using IMAQdx with LV 7.1. At the moment I am struggling to find the correct CameraAttribute property node to control the shutter time at all. But, as you say, the property node does not support the  extended shutter time on this camera. I guess you ended up writing directly to a register - please can you post details, or email me directly? p.sellin@surrey.ac.uk

Many thanks,
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by VisionGumby
Hi, we have made an example for the Extended shutter, find it attached.
As it is made under LabView 8.5, find also attached an image of the VI diagram.
Oliver Guennel

www.alliedvisiontec.com
Download All
Message 5 of 9
(6,774 Views)

Many thanks Oliver, that works really nicely giving us extended shutter times to 4s.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,759 Views)

I'm using the Stingray 145C and am not able to change the shutter using this VI - I get an error when I run it.  I'm able to change the timebase by writing values to the appropriate register (offset = F1000208, value varied from 2147581952 to 2147581959) but haven't been able to control the Shutter the same way.  Do you happen to know the offset and values I should use for these, or have any suggestions to get your VI to run with my CCD?  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,334 Views)

Hi,

I need some helps to use the Guppy F-046B/C camera.

I'm trying to get many frames with variable shutter knowing precisely to what shutter i'm recording.

I'm able only to use matlab with image acquisition toolbox 3, but it is not enough, because i can't utilize the camera's properties!! What any other software can i use?  

I have also the AVT Guppy Tecnical Manual V7.1.0!

Raimondo

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,913 Views)

Hello,

I don't know if you have used it yet, but you can access properties using Measurement & Automation Explorer, NI's hardware configuration tool.  However, these will only take affect if you utilize LabVIEW with Vision Acquisition Software.  If you would like to demo these products feel free to visit the following website:

Demo LabVIEW

Demo Vision Acquisition Software

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,890 Views)