From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple graphics objects?

Is there any way to plot different graphs in multiple Xmath Graphics windows?  I know that the graphics window can be divided into a matrix of subplots, but what I'd like to do is plot two graphs in one window and a third graph in a second window.  I know in MATLAB, you can do subplots as well as plotting multiple figures in different windows.  Does MATRIXx have anything like this?

Alternatively, is there any way to subdivide the graphics window into two rows and two columns with one plot stretched across both columns of the first row and two smaller graphs taking the spots { row = 2, column = 1 } and { row = 2, column = 2 }?  For the first plot, I tried doing something like { row = 1, column = [ 1, 2 ] }, but the debugger informed me that keyword column only accepts integer values.

Thanks,

Luke G.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,841 Views)
Hi Luke,

Yes, Xmath does support multiple plot windows. You have to use the Plot2D command for multiple windows, using the {win=num} option.

To plot graphs in subplot areas, use the {posn=[numrows,numcols,row,col,rowspan,colspan]} option. This syntax works in both Plot and Plot2D and does exactly what you want.

Dirk
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,821 Views)
Hello Luke,
       Taking a look at this Knowledge Base, it should be possible through the use of plot2d function.  Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,816 Views)