Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Linux?

Has anyone tried LabVIEW for linux on Oracle's distro? It is apparently RedHat based and supposedly 100% compatible with RedHat.     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,808 Views)

First, make sure you have yum running on your machine.  Pretty confident if you have basic .iso it should work just fine.  Then from there, do the following:

As root, type the following:

• yum install mesa-libGL.i686
  • yum install libXinerama.i686

Now, from my experience, you can install the RTE without either of these...however it will not work.  So, I highly recommend you install both.  Also, when installing the RTE from the LabVIEW disc (I don't know about the other way), Linux will attempt to install nigmpi (niwebpipeline).  One of the dependencies for this is libc.so.6 (libz.so.1).  So, for good practice, just go ahead and install libzip-devel.i686

Another thing to note: libXinerama may give you fits because it's already on there.  Even if it's already on there, LabVIEW RTE still appears to be unable to work.  So you'll need to do the following work around.  --setopt=protected_multilib=false  (this is not recommended by Linux...but w/e)

Ok, so...to sum up.  Here's what you do.

As root, type the following:

• yum install mesa-libGL.i686
  • yum install libXinerama.i686 --setopt=protected_multilib=false
  • yum install libzip-devel.i686

Be sure to say "yes" (y) for everything and that's it.  Oh...and make sure you're connected to the internet.

Message was edited by: DailyDose

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,117 Views)

What about the Oracle Linux Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK)?

Will LabVIEW binaries created in Red Hat Linux run on Oracle Linux UEK? Hoping someone has experience in this.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,519 Views)

In case you wanna use the driver stuff (nikal+co), it highly depends on the kernel version.

Nikal is binary-only and therefore only works on specific - very ancient - kernel versions.

NI never understood how linux kernel and driver development really works. That's why their Linux support is so exceptionally bad and pretty much unusable for anything but little toys.

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,177 Views)