Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing: 2022 Q3 Linux Device Drivers

The 2022 Q3 release of NI Linux Device Drivers is available now!

New Features

• NI-RFSA and NI-RFSG adds support for Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04
  • NI-DMM and NI-SCOPE adds LabVIEW support on Ubuntu
  • NI-FGEN adds support for H/W Configuration
  • Ubuntu repositories adds support for the same products as the RedHat Enterprise Linux and OpenSUSE repositories

For details check the NI Linux Device Driver readme

For the complete list of the latest hardware support, check the NI Hardware and Operating System Compatibility webpage

Thanks,

Ray Kong

NI Linux Program Manager

Message 1 of 9
(1,842 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,716 Views)

Where are the 2022 DAQmx examples found?

We just did a 2022 Q3 install of LabVIEW and the Device Drivers and the vi.lib/examples does not include the DAQmx examples folder and I can't seem to find a source.

The readme has a circular link that tells you to input a code on the ni.com/info page, but that only takes you to the DAQmx Linux Device Driver download page.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,264 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Did you install the LabVIEW support package for DAQmx?

dousley_0-1688070351404.png

E.g. whichever one matches the version of LV that you're using (or if there's not a match then you get to use the generic one that doesn't list a year).

We have been making changes here and there about required vs recommended and suggested package relationships in order to get to a consistent treatment of package relationships across all of our Linux software. It might be that we switched the LV support packages for DAQmx from a required dependency of the top level "ni-daqmx" package to a recommended dependency since the last version of software that you standardized on.

Daniel Ousley - NI Linux HW & SW Product Manager

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,258 Views)

There is no ni-daqmx-labview-2022-support file in the repo

We installed the the ni-daqmx-labview-support.

No examples in the examples folder for DAQmx

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,253 Views)

FYI that I ran the same installer and am confused about what I got. Couldn't find the examples I was expecting either. There's an internal bug for this now. Thanks for reporting it. Once we have a resolution or at least explanation we'll get it made public.

Message 6 of 9
(1,235 Views)

Thanks!  Nice to know we're not crazy.  😄

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,223 Views)

@RVallieu Example support was left in an incomplete state for DAQmx on Linux for some time (I'm guessing since 2019). There are two bits of work left there: 1) adding the LV examples to the DAQmx LV support package so that LV examples will be installed into a local directory (expected in the upcoming 2023Q3 release), 2) adding Example Finder support to the DAQmx LV support package so that LV examples can be found directly from LabVIEW (pending).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,159 Views)

Thank you for the update.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,156 Views)