cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ChangeDetectionEvent with NI USB-6259

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am very new to labview and LabWindows, so this might be very trivial to solve.

I would like to perform an action ( change some UI element ) when ever I receive a rising edge from a TTL signal.

I hoped to achieve this by following the ReadDigChan-ChangeDetectionEvent example, and defining a DAQmxRegisterSignalEvent() for rising edge on one of the Digital input lines, but I even fail to use the example for my

USB-6259 (BNC).

When I try to perform a Change detection on any of the lines of port 1 and 2 I get

Lines specified do not support change detection.  Select lines that support change detection. Device: Dev1 Physical Channel: port1/line0  Task Name: _unnamedTask<0>  Status Code: -201020

Do I missunderstand something? Should the Digital In ports on the 6259 support change detection?

When trying the same with port0 the application freezes for a long time and than just throws out a message saying that

DAQmxReadDigitalLines() timedout.

I hope that is enough information to answer the question. If not what else do you need?

thank you,

Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,073 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PasiekaM

Hello, 

it seems the USB-6259 does not support change detection.

Link:

Digital Change Detection in NI-DAQmx

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4102/en/#toc1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,060 Views)

Hello DanielMorris,

hmm, that I would not have expected. Following the error message it might make sense, but the NI documentation you linked is kinda vague to me.

In addition I saw that using the NI MAX tool and looking at the Device Routes there is a "Direct Route" between the ChangeDetectionEvent and the different PFI0-16 lines. ( dont know if this is of importance, though )

Well my work around is to use a counter to performe edge counting, and a timer and polls the counter value.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,054 Views)