From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Labwindows Application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi..

First of all... Sorry for my week Communication skills...

I am new to labWindows/CVI and developing an application to monitor environmental conditions of a test room using Rs232 communication.

My Problem is... I want to Reset whole appllication to its default/ starting point (including allvariables and controls) from single button.

I have 6 panels and approx 90 variables.

is there any way?

I dont want to use Quit Button as It Quit the whole application ..

DefaultCtrl only reset controls ...... I want to reset whole application... including  variables....

Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,196 Views)

sorrry

* weak 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,175 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author imrankoi

There is no built-in function to do so - you will need to implement this yourself. So if a user presses the Reset button of your program you will have to set / reset all parameters to the default values.

You may want to consider a more general approach, that is, on program startup read a configuration file, and on program exit, save all parameters to this configuration file - the user will be happy the next time he starts the software to find his previous settings.

This extra effort then has the benefit that on 'reset' all you need to do is to call this initialization routine again, i.e., read and set all the values.

Message 3 of 5
(4,170 Views)

Thank You So Much

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,095 Views)

Smiley Happy My pleasure!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,091 Views)