cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefining visuals of a project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Is there an easy way to predefine visuals for a CVI project? I'm thinking of defining that all buttons look a certain way, that specific colors or fonts should be used etc... Right now I'm manually going through every single element in the .uir-file to change the appearance.

I'm not overly fond of the basic Windows-style that CVI-uses, so it would be nice if there was an easier way to perform customization. Also, if I ever want to change the visuals for an older project I get the feeling this is going to be a pain.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author guybrush_threepwood

You can assign defaults for controls and label texts, but they will be valid for new controls only, not for already existing ones. Open the UIR editor window and choose Options >> Editor Preferences...menu item: this will open the window where to set defaults. Note also that there is only one set of defaults valid for all controls; that is you cannot state e.g. that buttons are in blue and numerics in black.

Changing the aspect of all controls in an existing UIR file surely will be a pain: the best option I can think to is to save the file in text format (Options >>Save in Text Format...menu item), manually operate on the created .TUI file and reload it in the editor: not exactly an easy task even if it can be somewhat automated with appropriate search/replace options or some programmatic elaboration. The problem is that there is no documentation on the .TUI file format so you'll have to find yourself which parameters to change.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thank you, this works for panels and texts on elements (controls?), which is a great step forward. However, I see no options for styling the elements themselves. Is there any way I can set color and style defaults for things like buttons and graphs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(958 Views)