LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows Distribution Kit + NI Vision Acquisition Software

Hello there.
I have the following problem. I'm developing a project that implies the use of two firewire cameras, and i'm developing it under LabWindows. So, in order to use the cameras, i've ordered the NI Vision Acquisition Software, which consists in all the drivers and functions necesary for the cameras. And now, after completing my application, i want to do a distribution kit. But the purpose is that on the target machine, where i want to install my application, we should not have any labwindows or vision software previous installed. So, is there a posibility to include in my distribution kit also the drivers from the NI Vision? Because else, if i want to used it on multiple computers, i have to buy and install for each one a Vision license, and this is not a solution for me.
Thank you.

PS: I have LabWindows 7.1 and two Sony XCD-X710 firewire digital cameras.

Message Edited by Debris466 on 01-23-2007 06:24 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,223 Views)
Debris-

The 1394 drivers do require a licesnse, which you will need to purchase and activate on each distribution computer.  You should be able to bundle everything into an installer, depending on which version of the driver you have used, so there will be no need to install separately.  It will just need to be activated.
     If you've used the IMAQdx driver for firewire, this uses the latest version of the Microsoft installers, which is not yet compatible with either LabWindows or LabVIEW, and so will not work until the next version of these is released.  If you've used the Legacy 1394 driver, v2.0.4 or earlier then these will be compatible with creating an installer.
     Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

John H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,197 Views)

Thank You John H. for your previous answer.

Indeed, i'm using the Legacy 1394 drivers for my cameras, so, as you said, they should be compatible with creating an installer. But now, I have the following problem. How do I bundle all of this drivers in one installer, so i don't have to install separatelly? Because I know how to use the "Create Distribution Kit", but I need support on how to include in this kit the drivers. Do i need to create an additional file group, or are there some advance options on how to include the drivers? Because if i leave it as it is, when i install on a target machine, the drivers are not there, so the application is not working.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,150 Views)
Hello,

The ability to include drivers directly in your distribution package was added in version 8.0.  If you are using an earlier version of CVI, you must install drivers separately to each target machine.  If you like, you can download an evaluation version of CVI 8.1 to test it out.

Mert A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,142 Views)