From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation asking for ComponentWorks 3D Graph

Greetings:

I'm in a strange situation in that I have old software (LabWindows/CVI 8.5) that I'm working at getting my software to a point that we can justify purchasing the latest to continue with development for production. I've had to reinstall the software in a VM as computer hardware advances. Installation seemed to go well, but now every time I start LabWindows, it runs an installation asking for the "NI Measurement Studio ComponentWorks 3D Graph" disk. I can cancel several times and get to LabWindows, but this happens every time. Anyone have any idea how to stop this? I've looked in Remove Programs for ComponentWorks but don't see it. Is this part of LabWindows/CVI, or a separate piece of software that I somehow started the installation of?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,791 Views)

Are you unable to see ComponentWorks from the National Instruments uninstaller?

Add/Remove Programs » National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,758 Views)

That is correct; I do not see Component Works in the list. I even started the installation again to see if I could add ComponentWorks, but didn't see it there either. Likely a component in another part, maybe.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,754 Views)

I've been looking at the Getting Started Guide for ComponentWorks 3D Graph.

Archived: Getting Started with the ComponentWorks 3D Graph
http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/322245a.pdf

It sounds like an add-on software that is nowadays bundled into LabWindows/CVI and Measurement Studio. I am not really sure why it keeps prompting you to install it. Just to confirm, your LabWindows/CVI application is not affected by the lack of the ComponentWorks 3D Graph software, is that correct?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,737 Views)