LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make installer for one Computer ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I want to make application installer only for one computer, like single license copy how it is possible in LabWindows/CVI ?

Is there any LabWindows build-in option or how it will possible ?

Regards
Umer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,505 Views)

Do you want to create an installer for an application you made in LabWindows/CVI? If so, here is a white paper with steps on how to do so: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5987/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,467 Views)

Thanks for reply,

I can make installer but the problem is that i want the application only install on one computer when client try to install on the other computer they have to purchase license key from me for the next computer. I think now you understand my question ?

Regards

umer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,448 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author umer_awan

I don't think there is a bult-in capability to create an installer that will run on a single PC, but you can incorporate in your application instructions on some hardware item of the target system and create your own licensing algorithm on them.

This subject has already been discussed in this forum: you can look at this thread and this other one.

In the last page, I mention a sample of mine which is available on the Community: I have updated it to retrieve the disk serial number also, as it can be useful to get a unique sign for a specific PC; the sample uses WMI to get system infos: you can find the modified version attached to this message. You need full CVI version to run the sample.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Robert

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,427 Views)