LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Proctection fault due to IVI driver init function

Hi,

I'm experiencing issues with an IVI Driver, the SorensenDC one that i use to control a SGI Series DC Power Supply from Sorensen.

When I try to run the initialization function, a General Protection fault occurs.

My IVI Configuration seems to be fine (attached pictures), even when i select "Specific Driver" in the "Simulate With" field, this error occurs.

(The logical name ALIM_1 is well associated with the Sorensen SGI Driver Session.)

Maybe I'm missing a point.

Thanks for your help.

Enzo Langevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,285 Views)

Hello any update please ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,230 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried to create basic app using Sorensen driver? There is no information regarding that error codes.

As I understand you also have error message in NI MAX. can you share the screenshot?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,168 Views)

Hi,

I had no error message in NI MAX. 

In the case expressed in the initial post, I had not received the Sorensen power supply. When I received it I ran the TCP/IP visa resource search in the network devices tab in NI MAX. After that I did not have this problem anymore.
However, in my opinion, there is still a problem with the driver in "simulation" mode. Why can't we simulate a power supply, as we can do with a DMM or other instrument ?

(Even if specified "Specific Driver" in Driver Sessions for my Sorensen driver session)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,163 Views)