LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a CVI program to LabView program

Can someone tell me if I can convert a CVI program to LabView program?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,706 Views)

Hi lizking,

There is not a way to convert a CVI program into a LabVIEW program.  If you let us know why you would like to do this, we may be able to point you to alternate solutions though.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,678 Views)

One of my co-workers wrote a CVI based GUI for chip evaluation purposes.  It uses  PC > USB > USB COntroller to DUT to talk to the device.  What I would like to do is speed up the process because it talks a long time for him to do any minor change and eats up all our bandwidth to work on some other project. Since I knowhow to us Labview and am very good at it.  I thought if I can convert the CVI code and than wheneveran update is necessary quick.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,671 Views)

Hi lizking,

You will have to make the changes within the CVI code or recreate it manually in LabVIEW.  There is no way to convert the program into LabVIEW code.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,645 Views)
Could you please tell me who do I achieve this.  I am not even sure where to begin.  I would really appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,629 Views)

Hi lizking,

You have a couple of options here.  First, in CVI, our help is very well documented.  You can bring up the help for each function that you are looking at to get a good description of it.  Also, CVI is just ANSI C, so performing a search online would be another good place to go for help.

If you would like to convert your program into LabVIEW, you are going to have to do this from scratch. You will have to know the architecture behind your program to do this.  You can go function by function in CVI and look for the similar function within LabVIEW to achieve the same task.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,587 Views)

I'm looking for the subroutine  in LabView for the command SendByte() in Labwindows CVI used in Rs232 communication

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,135 Views)

Hi luong53,

LabVIEW does not allow binary data transmission through NI-VISA, instead data needs to be translated to an appropriate string for transmission.  Please see this article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MGcSAM&l=en-US

If you have further questions, it may be best to open a new thread, since you're responding to a very old post.  A new thread will have much more visibility to other users.

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,116 Views)